For, You are My Heaven

I too had a dream
Not of an uncommon kind
Like every mother does have
Yet I'm hoping against hope
Though shattered still I've something to mollycoddle

My joy knew no bounds
As you walked without my aid
I found my heaven in your titters
I enjoyed the virtue of being a mother
I told you to stick to the values
Yet I loved your fibs and figments
One askance was enough for you
To spill the beans of your trivial lies
My frowned face was enough for you
To promise me over a thousand times
That you would never be mischievous
In the nights I bore your kicks and cries
Yet I poured lullaby into your ears
To make you calm and comfortable
In the days I heard your frivolous complaints
With patients
Unnumbered were my sleepless nights and anxious days
Yet I was contented
For, you are my heaven

Now after all these years I feel lonely
Though I'm in the midst of the like-minded people
I know you are playing hide and seek with me
Just like old days
But I would pop up if I saw your glistened eyes
I know you will come one day
It is not my hope
For, you alone are my hope

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Angel Who Fell In Love With A Demon

ഇറവെള്ളം

അന്യോന്യം