The Golden Shower Flower Girl

Roses are common but golden shower flowers are rare
And rarest in this time of monsoon showers
Like you
Yet again I am with a bunch of hard earned inflorescences
Standing in front of you embraced by the rain
Not to score some brownie points with you,
But it’s my earnest offering.
You loved those most, the flower and the shower.
I have in my mind some good old pictures,
Pictures of your cute frowned face.
Tenacious you were then,
Quarreled over the petty issues.
Romantic roses never fascinated you
And always discarded it when I gave
You were charmed by the saintly golden shower flowers
And you wanted me to fetch it for you
I would give you roses instead
Just to irate you
Just to hear your frivolous complaints.
All are my priceless memories, and
Often I take a stroll down memory lane.
Now again in this pouring shower, I came to see you
With your favorite flower
Alas! You are blind to all these,
You are deaf to all these
No more smiles, no more affectionate words
All blended into eternity
Faded away to the world of immortality
Tears are trickling down on my cheeks.
With eloquent silence I stand before your tomb,
Just to give this beautiful flower
As an obeisance
To my dear golden shower flower girl 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Angel Who Fell In Love With A Demon

ഇറവെള്ളം

അന്യോന്യം